It’s time to admit GQP voters, not the politicians, are . . . stupid.
Ignorance Is Strength was a warning, not an election choice
Quite a few Republicans exhibit serious mental illness symptoms or reveal a stupidity that’s mind boggling.
Quite a few Republicans are just fucking crazy.
This from Kristina Karamo, GOP candidate for secretary of state in Michigan, according to VICE News.
“If you go to the Satanic temple website, they have an entire five-minute video explaining why abortion is a religious ritual,” she said in a RedPill78 podcast. “They literally say that it is a sacrifice, it is a religious ritual for them to have an abortion, it is sick. And as you mentioned, the baby body parts… they sell the organs. There’s a ton of money involved in freshly harvested organs. There’s so much evidence out there.”
This bit of climate science from — who else? — Herschel Walker, GOP candidate for the US Senate.
Our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got we to clean that back up.”
“They try to fool you and make you think they are helping you out — they’re not. You know that some of this money is going into trees? We got enough trees — don’t we have enough trees around here?”
Another science scholar, Louie Gohmert revealed his understanding of the Earth’s solar system:
“I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they have found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth’s orbit around the sun. We know there’s been significant solar flare activity. And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM (Bureau of Land Management) can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun? Obviously, that would have profound effects on our climate.”
The Texas representative is also a homeland security expert.
“I talked to a retired FBI agent who said that one of the things they were looking at were terrorist cells overseas who had figured out how to game our system. And it appeared they would have young women, who became pregnant, would get them into the United States to have a baby. They wouldn’t even have to pay anything for the baby. And then they would turn back where they could be raised and coddled as future terrorists. And then one day, twenty…thirty years down the road, they can be sent in to help destroy our way of life.”
Another simpleton who has the brains of a deflated football is Alabama GOP Senator Tommy Tuberville.
“You know, as I tell people, my dad fought 76 years ago in Europe to free Europe of Socialism.”
William Hollis Long II is an American politician who has served as the U.S. representative for Missouri’s 7th congressional district since 2011. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
“When I was growing up in Springfield, you had one or two murders a year. Now we have two, three, four a week in Springfield, Missouri, so something has happened to our society and I go back to abortion. When we decided it was okay to murder kids in their mother’s wombs, life has no value to a lot of these folks.”
The list is long: The Clown Caucus: Bigot MTG, Brainless Bo-Bo Bobert and weirdly creepy Matt Gaetz. Ted Cruz. Marco Rubio. Florida’s Governor Ron DeFascist. And, of course, the leader of the maniac pack: the Orange Emperor of Mara-A-Loco.
It’s past time to stop identifying the imbeciles, because media reporting of their antics does not keep them from running for office or being elected.
ELECTED is the key word. Buffoons like Bobert and Gohmert weren’t appointed. They were fucking elected. That means a majority of the people in their state or district bear the responsibility —and the stupidity — for putting these these nitwits in office.
Democrats and most of the media continue to highlight the absurdities of this collection of GQP cretins, as if evidence will convince voters to stop electing crazies. Evidence, besides being a three syllable word and outside the vocabulary of this goofy electorate, requires an ability to discern reality — another word with more than two syllables and equally mystifying to voters who pick Matt Gaetz to represent them.
It’s not “going high” to call Herschel Walker braindead. It’s not polite to call Louie Gohmert a moron. It’s improper to label Tommy Tuberville a nitwit or refer to Kristina Karamo as lame-brained.
Yet no one mentions the glaring ignorance of these voters. The media contorts itself trying to avoid the word stupid, creating euphemisms like “low information voters” and “non-college educated white males,” all to avoid the obvious descriptions, like morons, cretins and lamebrains.
Watch CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan or The Daily Show’s Jordan Klepper interviewing attendees at GQP rallies. O’Sullivan and Klepper, while still not using words like “buffoon,” manage to let the idiots reveal themselves. Those videos are one of the few instances when the media insinuates Gohmert’s or Tuberville’s constituents are dumber than a box of rocks.
The reasons for ignoring the giant white ignoramus in the room are many:
- Michelle Obama’s 2016 speech at the Democratic convention — “When they go low, we go high” — which is now as obsolete as a dial-up Internet connection.
- The slow but deliberate decline in America’s public education system, eliminating critical thinking skills. Lame proclamations by the right like “do the research” is fine if you want to know the date World War II ended in Europe or how many pints are in a 2 liter bottle of water. When you start researching subjects like voter fraud or the pandemic, the search results are a smorgasbord ranging from the outrageous to the just silly. Without critical thinking skills, there is no way to conduct anything resembling true research.
- No one wants to acknowledge the millions of morons loose in the country, often times neighbors or relatives. It’s admittedly not a comfortable view of Americans.
- The wide spread and possibly contagious effects of the Dunning-Kruger Syndrome. To paraphrase comedian John Cleese, a person requires a minimum amount of intelligence to realize they have low intelligence. Dunning-Kruger is rampant in America.
- It’s impolite to question the The Unholy Trinity: Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Once a group determines the Invisible Man in the Sky has chosen, blessed or anointed them, not only is bloody brutality acceptable, but rational thinking, science, and debate are essentially extinct. Ignorance Is Strength becomes dogma.
- A lack of American historical reality. America was founded on genocide and built on slavery. (For fuck’s sake, the White House was built by slaves.) America sent its own citizens of Japanese descent to concentration camps, their removal approved by the Supreme Court. The US has engaged in the overthrow of democratically elected governments — like Iran in 1953. Americans sacrificed over 58,000 American young people and at least 1.7 million Vietnamese only to lose the Vietnam War. Thirty years later in Afghanistan, America attempted to overthrow the Taliban, only to have the Taliban win after more than two decades of fighting. Try teaching that in an modern American History class.
Arguments and outrage only encourage more bad behavior by the #marchingmorons. How can you combat ignorance like that?
Laughter. Mocking, ridiculing, sarcastic laughter.
Create a laugh track.
No one — including the right-wingnuts — like being laughed at while engaged in something as serious as owning the libs.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’. Isaac Asimov, 1980
Arguments and outrage only encourage these idiots to even crazier behavior. Laughter, on the other hand, directed and focused on the electorate is devastating. No one likes to be the punch line of a joke. Imagine a laugh track added to a Governor Ron DeSantis speech. it would change the entire presentation.
“When they go low” . . . we hold their heads under water until they quit thrashing, laughing the entire time.