DeSantis’ nickname contest
What’s the best nickname for the Florida Governor?
- ) DeathSantis
A favorite during the Covid pandemic when 80,000+ Floridians died following the governor’s Open for Business policy.
A new nickname resulting from reports that the governor eats pudding with three fingers, not a spoon.
A natural response to the governor’s despotic proclamations, laws and policies.
4.) Meatball Ron
This from the Orange Emperor of Mar-a-Loco and my personal favorite. Meatballs lend themselves to all kinds of monkey warfare:
- Meatballs are innocuous and easy to use in protest art.
- Meatballs are non-violent.
- Meatballs allow for making political statements while enjoying lunch.
- Meatballs are readily available.
- Meatballs lend themselves to public protest gatherings disguised as community picnics.
- Throwing a meatball is not assault, but you might get a dry cleaning bill.
- Meatballs are fun.
- Best of all, the meatball symbol is a humorous — and mocking — insult to the governor without saying a word.
Another entry from the Orange Florida Man. It captures DeSantis’ image of himself as God’s warrior.
6.) Dark Lord of Florida
I see this one as a non-starter, primarily because the governor might see it as a compliment.
7.) Florida Fuhrer
Nice name to capture the governor’s dictatorial tendencies. I also like the alliteration.
8.) Pig Out Ron
Another reference to his table manners.
9. God’s Chosen Ron
A reference to the governor’s claim he was a “fighter” sent by the Invisible Man in the Sky.
On the eighth day, God made ... Ron DeSantis? | Letters
On the eighth day, God made a fighter | Nov. 1 Our governor chosen by God to lead us to the promised land. Kneel before…
10.) Ronnie WTF
A nickname based on reactions to the governor’s ideas.
Got a favorite nickname for Florida’s governor? Add it in the comments section.